Question about XP support

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Tue May 24 20:04:00 GMT 2016

I thought that support for Windows XP had been removed from Cygwin.
Yet the Cygwin home page says:

    https://cygwin.com/

    "The Cygwin DLL currently works with all recent, commercially
released x86 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Windows, starting with
Windows XP SP3."

I'm happy to be wrong about this!  I have to support one laptop still
running Windows XP.  Over the weekend, I found that ZIP/UNZIP wasn't
installed, but I believe I trashed my installation by keeping the
Cygwin .DLL at the old version (probably 1.6).  I'd like to get it all
working again, 1.7xx would be fine.  I'm aware of the Cygwin (not Hot
Tub) Time Machine, and will try that if needed on Thursday when I'm in
front of the laptop again.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us