Necessity for the assignment form

KOBAYASHI Shinji koba@jp.fujitsu.com
Fri May 20 00:45:00 GMT 2016

Hello,

I found a bug and I am willing to submit a patch (under
winsup/cygwin). But before doing that, I was asked from my employer to
clarify some points. https://cygwin.com/contrib.html says that the
assignment form is required "if your change is going to be a
significant one in terms of the size of your code changes". So the
questions are:

1. Who is going to determine if the change is "a significant one"?
2. In fact, my patch is just two lines of modifications, so I believe
   that it is not "a significant one". Is it okay to send such a small
   patch without the assignment form?

Thanks in advance,

KOBAYASHI Shinji.