Possible issue with chown v8.25

lostbits aschwarz1309@att.net
Mon May 16 04:55:00 GMT 2016

Your English is fine - mine is problematical.

What are icacls and getfacl listings?

My problem is that after a chown the directories are inaccessible and/or
I can not look at the Security property without getting a diagnostic. I
have assumed that the diagnostic indicates an issue. I get the feeling
that the diagnostic does not indicate a fault and that things should
work fine.

I just ran a minitest:

 > mkdir gg
 > touch gg/cc
 > chown -R <owner>:<group> gg

In the Explorer I get the same diagnostic on gg and the <owner> has no
permissions. Is this the correct behavior (and if you tell me what
icacls and getfacl listings I will provide them.

art

PS: Thanks