Change PS1 when run as administrator

Wed Mar 23 14:17:00 GMT 2016

On Mar 23 12:35, Brian Inglis wrote:
> Warren Young <wyml <at> etr-usa.com> writes:
> >> Nope, that group membership isn't associated with real administrative
> >> powers.
> > Confirmed, at least on Win10 64-bit without any AD mucking things up.
> > That is, I get both 114 and 544 here, so I don’t need the 114 rule at all.
>
> Opposite for me on Win7 x64 non-domain machine!
> I am always a member of 544(Administrators) group and it is my default
> primary group in normal non-admin and elevated admin shells.
>
> In elevated admin shell, I am also a member of 114(Local account and member
> of Administrators group) and 405504(High Mandatory Level) not 401408(Medium
> Mandatory Level).
>
> No idea how this works in domains and with domain accounts, but perhaps
> checking for 114 and/or 405504 would be more portable?
>
> $ uname -srvmo
> CYGWIN_NT-6.1 2.4.1(0.293/5/3) 2016-01-24 11:26 x86_64 Cygwin
>
> normal non-admin shell:
> $ id
> uid=... gid=544(Administrators)
> groups=544(Administrators),197121(None),197610(HomeUsers),545(Users),
> 4(INTERACTIVE),66049(CONSOLE
> LOGON),11(Authenticated Users),15(This Organization),113(Local
> account),4095(CurrentSession),66048(LOCAL),262154(NTLM
> Authentication),401408(Medium Mandatory Level)

You have either some /etc/passwd, /etc/group settings overshadowing the
default settings, or you used the "desc" method described in
https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-mapping-nsswitch-desc
to change your primary group.

Otherwise your primary group is always "None", or the equivalent in your
locale.  The admins group is *never* the primary group, unless you
messed with the settings for Cygwin as outlined above.

If you're member in the Admins group, then the admins group is part of
the non-elevated token, but only as "deny-only" group.  That means, it's
usually not shown in id, unless you made it primary group, in which case
it has to be shown.

You better remove this.  I think I'll fix this function to not allow
primary groups wehich are not enabled in the token.

Corinna

Red Hat