[ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.5.0-0.7

Thu Mar 17 16:48:00 GMT 2016

On Mar 17 15:27, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> > I released a new Cygwin TEST version 2.5.0-0.7.
>
> While testing this I got the following from tcsh:
>
> > touch permtest
> > chmod 0 permtest
> > ./permtest
> ./permtest: Bad file descriptor.
>
> I would have expected
>
> $ ./permtest
> ./permtest: Permission denied.
>
> which is what I indeed get with bash/dash.
>
> I can't test at the moment if that was happening with 2.4.1 also.

During execve the file is opened to check if it's a scrip or a real
executable.  If opening the file fails, Cygwin neglects to set the
correct error code so you just get the previous errno value.

Fixed in the git repo.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat