RFC2307 accounts

Marc Rechte mrechte@studelec-sa.com
Wed Mar 9 10:43:00 GMT 2016

Le 09/03/2016 10:14, Mark Geisert a écrit :
> Marc Rechte wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>    Trying to set RFC2307 accounts, using unix schema in
>> /etc/nsswitch.conf.
> [...]
>
> Your original post of this material was answered about 30 minutes
> after your post.  Kindly follow up there...
>
> https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2016-03/msg00076.html
Sorry, I did not get that answer emailed to me (some confusion during
the subscription).

I am not clear with answer given by Corinna.

The idea behind RFC2307, imho is to have a consistent UID/GID between
systems which have joined a domain. This is what we achieved in our
domain, where a user login into whatever Linux box, gets the same
uid/gid. One would expect the same behaviour in cygwin (on a joined
machine), wouldn't he ?

Thanks