Setup of texlive-collection-basic waits in postinstall/0p_texlive_prep.dash

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Jun 30 14:05:00 GMT 2016

On 6/30/2016 5:11 AM, Pavel Kudrna wrote:
> The main problem is installing texlive-collection-basic. Setup waits at
> /etc/postinstall/0p_texlive_prep.dash while
> in /var/log the file setup.log.runXa03548 grows by repeating lines
>
>       2 [main] perl 3928 child_info_fork::abort: unable to remap
> Util.dll to same address as parent (0x6F0000) - try running rebaseall
> Can't fork, trying again in 5 seconds at
> /usr/share/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm line 228.
>       1 [main] perl 2520 child_info_fork::abort: unable to remap Cwd.dll
> to same address as parent (0x6C0000) - try running rebaseall
> Can't fork, trying again in 5 seconds at
> /usr/share/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm line 228.

[...]

> The command "/usr/bin/rebase-trigger full" does not help. The subsequent
> cygwin Setup spends more time doing 0p_000_autorebase.dash but then
> again 0p_texlive_prep.dash blocks and new /var/log/setup.log.runXa*
> appears with the same info about Util.dll and Cwd.dll.

I have often found that rebasing doesn't immediately fix fork failures
until I reboot.  (My guess is that this is due to some kind of caching
that Windows does.)  I suggest that you try the following:

1. Run /usr/bin/rebase-trigger full again.

2. Reboot.

3. Make sure there are no Cygwin processes running.  (Don't forget about
services.)

4. Rerun setup, and don't refuse any suggested dependencies.  Be sure to
install or reinstall texlive-collection-basic, whether or not setup
suggests it.

If you still have problems and have to write again, please attach
cygcheck output as requested here:

   http://cygwin.com/problems.html

Ken