Problem with git on cygwin64 on Windows 10 (2.8.3-1)

Thomas Nilsson thomas@junovagen.se
Sun Jun 26 18:13:00 GMT 2016

Thomas Nilsson skrev:
> Suddenly git is acting up on me. I have a number of local repos from
> various sources (GitHub, bitbucket, ...) and since a day or two I can't
> push or pull from any of them. Can't even clone fresh repositories.
>
> Mostly I get 'fatal: unpack-objects failed', but also 'index-pack
> failed'. And sometimes just nothing, like an abort without any output, e.g.
>
>  > Thomas@thoni64 ~
>  > $ git clone https://github.com/thoni56/cgreen.git
>  > Klonar till "cgreen"...
>  >
>  > Thomas@thoni64 ~
>  > $
>

> I've tried running in administrator mode but no difference. I can
> successfully clone the repos from Linux and Darwin so I'm pretty certain
> the problem lies in cygwin git (or something else cygwin... or windows...)
>
> My cygwin git is 2.8.3-1 but reverting to 2.8.2-1 did not help.
> Everything else is up-to-date, windows is Version 1511 10586.420.
>
> Has anyone seen this before? Any pointers? Removing and reinstalling
> Cygwin64?
>
> Any pointers appreciated!
>
> /Thomas

Running with a shortened environment, as in "PATH=/usr/bin git..." did
not help.

I've also done a rebase-all. (And rebooted windows of course...)

Running git under gdb indicates broken pipes or SIGSEGV. The last case
provides the following info if that is of any use:

 > [Switching to Thread 11400.0x294c]
 > 0x00007ffbd6449fd1 in KERNELBASE!GetOverlappedResult ()
 >   from /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/KERNELBASE.dll

I've attached a cygcheck output.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

/Thomas