git 2.8.3 spurious output

Warren Young wyml@etr-usa.com
Thu Jun 9 19:37:00 GMT 2016

On Jun 9, 2016, at 1:52 AM, Cufi, Carles <Carles.Cufi@nordicsemi.no> wrote:

>> I prefer to use Cygwin most of the
>> time, then run a âmingwâ script I wrote to temporarily shift my Cygwin
>> environment to MinGW mode:
>
> This sounds like a very good idea, but the problem is that sometimes I need to run mingw commands from standard Windows Command Prompts.

So write a mingw.bat file that does something similar for cmd.exe.

It won’t be seen from Cygwin even if it’s in Cygwin’s path because Cygwin won’t run it without the “.bat” extension, and Cygwin’s mingw shell script won’t be run by cmd.exe, so the “mingw” command will mean something completely different to each shell.

Incidentally, I see that I forgot to fix a /c -> /cygdrive/c in the script I posted.  (I normally run with cygdrive mounted at the root, and write my scripts accordingly.)