problem building with cmake under cygwin (need clang)

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 09:22:00 GMT 2016

On 29/07/2016 23:02, LMH wrote:

> The above did not appear to build the application in that I don't see
> any binaries that were created. It looks like the command cmake
> -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=clang .. just configured the build without actually
> compiling and building the application.
>
> Do I need to do something different to get the application to be
> created? I have never used cmake before and am more than a bit out of my
> depth here.

you need to run "make".
cmake create only the Makefiles

> At any rate, the above suggests that there is an issue with my cygwin
> installation here and possibly that clang isn't working. Does my output
> from cygcheck suggest anything?
>
> LMH

Basically the source you are trying to build:
- accept only clang (we have, with some difference from the author,
   but it is not our default)
- accept only GNU LIBC++ (we don't have)
- requires "-std=gnu++1z" (a proposed standard that could be rejected in
part)

Conclusion:
the Author cares only that the program builds for himself
and not on other platforms.
:-((

Regards
Marco