problem building with cmake under cygwin (need clang)

LMH lmh_users-groups@molconn.com
Tue Jul 26 15:11:00 GMT 2016

Csaba Raduly wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 2:45 AM, LMH  wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to compute the convex hull of a high dimensional space (46D x
>> 2000 rows). The qhull app available in cygwin/math is based on relatively
>> old code and runs out of memory.
>>
>> I found another version the is supposed to be able to do higher dimensions.
>>
>> https://bitbucket.org/tomilov/quickhull/src
>>
>> This version is set up to build with cmake, so I installed cmake in cygwin
>> and ran it as,
>>
>> cmake ./src
>>
>> Note, I had to copy CMakeLists.txt into the src directory to get this to
>> work. If I don't do that, I get the error,
>
> That usually won't work. Instead of copying CMakeLists.txt to the src
> directory, you should specify the directory where CMakeLists.txt is
> located when invoking CMake.
>
> Steps for building in a separate build directory:
>
> mkdir _build
> cd    _build
> cmake ..
>
> Csaba

I looked for the syntax for this when I first started. I assumed the the author put
the CMakeLists.txt file in the right place. I almost never have my make file in the
src directory when using gnu make, so this looked the same to me. I didn't find any
doc about how to have the CMakeLists.txt and the src in different directories.

The structure of the downloaded archive looked like,
/tomilov-quickhull-7faf277d6cc2
  /include/quickhull.hpp
  /src/quickhull.cpp
  /src/randombox.cpp
  /src/simple_use.cpp
  /test/...test files
  .gitignore
  CMakeLists.txt
  README.md

I did,

cd ./tomilov-quickhull-7faf277d6cc2
cmake ./src

this is when I got the error message about no CMakeLists.txt file in /src.

What is the syntax for running cmake in

/tomilov-quickhull-7faf277d6cc2

with the CMakeLists.txt file at

/tomilov-quickhull-7faf277d6cc2/CMakeLists.txt

and the src files in

/tomilov-quickhull-7faf277d6cc2/src

?

Is this something you do with the --build flag? It looks like you can use that to
specify where the project will be built but I don't see anything there about the
location of the src files.

Thanks,

LMH