[ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.6.0-0.1

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Mon Jul 25 19:49:00 GMT 2016

On 7/25/2016 3:13 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
>> Hi Cygwin developers and maintainers,
>> Hi everyone else,
>>

>> I uploaded a new Cygwin test release 2.6.0-0.1.
>
> I'm unable to start Cygwin services (cygserver and sshd) with this
> release.  The Windows Application Log just says "service `sshd' failed:
> signal 11 raised", and the same thing for cygserver.  Does cygrunsrv
> have to be rebuilt?  I'm on Windows 10, 64-bit Cygwin.

I'm also unable to start xterm from the xwin-xdg-menu (under System
Tools).  Nothing happens when I click on XTerm, and I see the following
error message:

$ cat .xsession-errors
executing 'xterm', pid 9928
(pid 9928 stderr) execl failed: No such file or directory
pid 9928 exited with status 127

Ken