Parallelization

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Sun Jul 17 20:28:00 GMT 2016

On 7/17/2016 7:56 AM, Tony Kelman wrote:
> Thomas Koenig <tkoenig <at> netcologne.de> writes:

> This is more of a general numerical ODE or Sundials usage question
> rather than a cygwin specific one, but I would try openmp or mpi on
> your function evaluations first, if that's taking most of the time.
> Do you know whether sundials is thread-safe?

True ... it also made me think of Python, which is designed to use
parallelized numpy (etc.) libraries, optimized for your platform.
Can use all the hardware threads on your machine, as well as make
good use of vector extensions such as AVX.  A 64-bit (x86-64)
version will give best use of vector processing, in my
experience.

Regards -- Eliot Moss