Older versions of Cygwin setup.exe

Peter A. Castro doctor@fruitbat.org
Thu Jul 14 18:56:00 GMT 2016

On Thu, 14 Jul 2016, Marco Atzeri wrote:

> Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 18:13:47 +0200
> From: Marco Atzeri <marco.atzeri@gmail.com>
> To: cygwin@cygwin.com
> Subject: Re: Older versions of Cygwin setup.exe
>
> On 14/07/2016 17:09, Secure Hell wrote:
>> Are older versions of the setup.exe, setup-x86.exe, setup-x86_64.exe
>> available for download anywhere? It's really the installer I'm after and
>> not
>> the actual packages those installers install.
>>
>> I would settle for a hash list if that exists (i.e. MD5, SHA1 and/or
>> SHA256).
>>
>> Any help appreciated. Thanks.
>>
> http://www.fruitbat.org/Cygwin/#cygwinlegacy1.5

Just to chime in on this (which is OT for the list, I believe, but...)
I do collect a smattering of setup versions overtime, but not all.

There's an assumption that newer versions of Setup can largely handle
installing older releases (up to a point, I'll grant).

That may not necessarily be true in the future, which is why I do collect
snapshots of setup in case someone finds the latest doesn't work for them.

Still, as Cygwin and Setup have evolved over time, I do try and ensure
older Setup is available just in case.

If there's a specific version of Setup the OP is looking for, I can check
my archives to see if I have it, or something near it.

--
--=> Peter A. Castro
Email: doctor at fruitbat dot org / Peter dot Castro at oracle dot com