obsolete package libpopt0 dependencies

Mark Geisert mark@maxrnd.com
Mon Jul 11 20:56:00 GMT 2016

Mark Geisert writes:
> Doug Henderson writes:
> > To the maintainer of cygutils and cygutils-extra,.
> >
> > Please rebuild these packages to not use the obsolete package
libpopt0.

> > I found two other packages, libbonoboui2_0 and libgnome2_0 which also
> > depended on libpopt0, but I was able to uninstall them with no
> > difficult.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience.  I'll look into this shortly.

Not trying to avoid work :) but I hadn't heard that Cygwin's obsolete
package conventions could cause a problem for users.  What issue does it
cause for you?  Does it make packages hard to uninstall?  Does it pull in
other unwanted packages?  Any description of the undesirable behavior
would help me understand.
Thanks,

..mark