Setup of texlive-collection-basic waits in postinstall/0p_texlive_prep.dash

Pavel Kudrna Pavel.Kudrna@mff.cuni.cz
Thu Jul 7 12:00:00 GMT 2016

Hi all,
sorry for late response.

I found the solution doing following steps:

1. I removed /etc/postinstall/0p_texlive_prep.dash so setup of
unaffected packages (i.e. other than texlive-*) did not stall anymore.

2. I unchecked the "Hide obsolete packages" checkbox in Cygwin Setup and
uninstalled all the packages I had in the "_obsolete" category.

3. I also looked over the Full View of packages and removed all the
packages which had question mark in the column Size.

After that both texlive and texlive-collection-basic packages became
installable and reinstallable, i.e. all the /etc/postinstall and
/etc/preremove scripts including namely the
/etc/postinstall/0p_texlive_prep.dash run without problems.

Maybe the maintenance like 2. and 3. is already recommended somewhere
and doing that regularly would prevent my problem.

Thank you for help.
PK