First install on Win 7: cygwin1.dll is missing from your computer

Mon Jan 25 01:15:00 GMT 2016

On Jan 24 12:55, Sam Habiel wrote:
> I used the setup-x86.exe program to install Cygwin on a Windows 7 x64
> box. I have tried several times and I get that error message. (Yes, I
> want the 32 bit version of Cygwin.)
>
> I can't find cygwin1.dll in the c:\cygwin\bin directory (I installed
> it in c:\cygwin).
>
> Is the installer broken?

I screwed up the cygwin package information with my latest package
update.  The installer is innocent.  I fixed the problem on the
sourceware.org server, it should propagate to the mirrors shortly.

Sorry folks,
Corinna

Red Hat