Cygwin setup with HTTPS package mirror

Brian J. Krische bkrische@ra.rockwell.com
Fri Jan 22 19:05:00 GMT 2016

I'm using a local LAN server to act as a cache of a cygwin package mirror. I'm trying to have the Cygwin setup application use this local server instead of one of the public mirrors. However, I'm having a bit of a problem. It appears the cygwin setup application can't use HTTPS to connect to this local server. I even ran wireshark while the cygwin setup was running, and I didn't even see any attempts for the setup to connect to the server. The setup application iterated through the various package list files and errored out saying it couldn't download them.

Is the cygwin setup application capable of using HTTPS to connect to a package server?