less.exe v481-1 cannot seek to EOF in CRLF file; current cygwin32, Win10 only.

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 18:50:00 GMT 2016

please reply on the list
and Bottom post please.

On 22/01/2016 16:26, KARL BOTTS wrote:
>> How largish ?
>
> Any size larger than a few meg.  That is, any size that takes more than a few
> milliseconds to seek to the end, I think.

We will need someone with W10 to test it and confirm it.
On W7 I have no issue at all with 250MB file

How long are the lines ?

>> can you try to update to latest ?
>> You have
>> less                 471-1                            OK
>> cygwin               2.1.0-1                          OK
>

> Not so.  From the 'cygcheck -s -v -r' output file that was attached to my bug
> report:
>
> 0 /c/ToCygwin$ egrep '^(cygwin|less)' Karl2.cygcheck.out
> cygwin                                2.3.1-1                 OK
> less                                  481-1                   OK

sorry, reading the wrong file.