Windows XP Support

Mon Jan 11 14:39:00 GMT 2016

On Jan 10 13:12, Herbert Stocker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have read that beginning this month Cygwin wants to drop support
> for Windows XP.  Though the home page and FAQ entry 12 do not talk
> about this. Are they out of date or is WinXP still supported?

So far, nothing has changed, XP is still supported.  I intend to pull
the plug at one point this year, but it also depends on how much time I
have.  Continuing support for XP and Server 2003 is really becoming a
burden.  It requires to code and maintain workarounds which are not
required anymore in newer OSes, so I really would like to get rid of
that stuff.

> - If there is no support anymore for Win XP (SP3), is there a reposi-
>   tory around, where one can download the last version of Cygwin that
>   supported WinXP (SP3)?

Not yet, but the Cygwin time machine might be what you're looking for
in future:

  http://www.fruitbat.org/Cygwin/index.html#cygwintimemachine

Corinna

Red Hat