Cygwin 1.7-58 with windows 2008

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 14:01:00 GMT 2016

On 23/02/2016 04:34, Rashi Singhal wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> We have call to "msgsnd" function that fails after processing 3 to 4 messages.
>
> We tried both Block and NO Block mechanism (IPC_NOWAIT)
>
> Also we changes configuration of cygserver.conf .This increases
> message processing to 8-10 messages.But fails after that.
>
> Attached is cygserver.conf file for reference:

I don't know if that is relevant , but please note that the file is with
"with CRLF line terminators"

I tested cygserver with msgtool from cygutils-extra package
with:

   a=0 ; while [ $? -eq 0 ] ;  do  a=$[$a+1] ; echo $a ; msgtool  s $a
"This is test" ; done

   a=0 ; while [ $? -eq 0 ] ;  do  a=$[$a+1] ; echo $a ; msgtool  r $a
; done

The system default accepts up to 40 messages so it seems strange that
it fails on 8-10 messages or less on your system.

I suggest you to look on output of
/usr/sbin/cygserver.exe -d

for hints on why is not working for your application.

Until you provide us a simple test case that we can replicate,
I doubt we can understand or solve the issue you meet.

Regards
Marco