Failing 'make check' for non-Cygwin GMP-ECM package

Mark Geisert mark@maxrnd.com
Sun Feb 7 23:53:00 GMT 2016

Achim Gratz wrote:
> Mark Geisert writes:
>> I'm seeing an odd issue after building the GMP-ECM 6.4.4 package from
>> Inria.  I downloaded the .tar.gz file and unpacked, ran configure,
>> then make and 'make check'.  I get a SIGSEGV from a test using ecm.exe
>> as part of 'make check'.
>
> It seems that this release is three years old.  Did you try autoreconf
> or just configure?  If the latter, it may simply not recognize the
> current Cygwin correctly in its configury.

Thanks for the idea but trying it didn't change the symptoms.  With more
debugging this seems to me like some kind of dynamic relocation issue so I'm
looking further in that direction within the Cygwin DLL.
Regards,

..mark