Installer names not meaningful enough

Vlado v.99cygwin@gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 11:28:00 GMT 2016

On 7.12.2016 23:06, Erik Soderquist wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 4:57 PM, Brian Inglis wrote:
>
>> Use wget -N to prevent duplicate downloads when the name, date,
>> and size don't change.
> That only works if I am downloading to the same location/name as the source is
>
> -- Erik

Erik (and others),

don't worry about Setup version, please.

Use this script:
https://gist.github.com/Vlado-99/1d59bf05b70481377ff90bb53e13bb2d

it makes things much easier:

- Setup is downloaded only if gpg signature changes (only very small
.sig file is re-downloaded every time)

- gpg signature of Setup is validated (no need to do it manually)

- services I use, are stopped and restarted automatically (no need to
restart Windows after update; add Yours services to script if needed)

Vlado