[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gawk-4.1.4-1
Fri Aug 26 12:35:00 GMT 2016
I've updated the gawk package to 4.1.4-1.
This is a new upstream release.
Changes from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4
1. Updated to GNU autoconf 2.69, automake 1.15, gettext 0.19.7,
texinfo 6.1, texinfo.tex 2016-02-05.07, libtool 2.4.6.
2. z/OS support updated.
3. At the beginning of each statement, the debugger now checks and
reports watchpoints that have fired before checking for breakpoints.
This gives more natural behavior to the user.
4. The "exit" command has been added to the debugger as an alias
5. AIX 7.1 should pass the test suite now. Similar for Minix.
6. VMS support has been updated.
7. The profiler / pretty-printer now chains else-if statements instead
of causing cascading elses.
8. The return value of system() has been enhanced to convey more information.
See the doc.
9. Attempting to write to the "to" end of a two-way pipe that has been
closed is now a fatal error. Similarly, so is reading from the "from"
end that has been closed.
10. MinGW support has been updated.
11. The -d option now allows -d- to print to standard output.
12. Error messages for --help and in other instances should now get
13. A new environment variable GAWK_LOCALE_DIR may be set to locate the .mo
file for gawk itself.
14. The DJGPP port is now officially deprecated.
15. A number of bugs have been fixed. See the ChangeLog.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Red Hat, Inc.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin