PATHEXT is fundamental to Windows and Should be recognised by CYGWIN

Warren Young wyml@etr-usa.com
Wed Aug 10 08:32:00 GMT 2016

On Aug 9, 2016, at 6:10 PM, Warren Young wrote:

> On Aug 4, 2016, at 5:43 PM, Michel LaBarre wrote:
>
>> Three isolated *nix-like environments have died under Windows - Interix, POSIX subsystem under NT, and I expect Ubuntu under Win10 because of the lack of integration with Win32.
>
> WSL left beta just this week

Nope, still beta:

  https://msdn.microsoft.com/commandline/wsl/install_guide

Maybe we can let it get to 3.0 — the traditional point where Microsoft finally gets it right — before pronouncing its doom?