disable ldap

Quiring, Peter pquiring@gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 18:14:00 GMT 2016

When Windows LXSS came out it was intriguing but without access from the
command prompt it doesn't seem as useful as cygwin.  What I liked about
it though is that it simplifies file permissions.  I've always had many
headaches with cygwin and strange file permissions that it creates.  But
then I found that cygwin supports noacl,exec mount options which makes
using it less painful.  git and ssh seem to work fine with this.

Is there an option in cygwin to disable ldap queries?  My laptop is on a
domain and when I take my laptop home this causes cygwin apps to start
up real slow.  There is that cygserver but I've had to restart that
sometimes.

So can I get files to show up as root/root and disable ldap queries?
Would make using cygwin less frustrating.  If NO please consider this a
feature request.

Thanks.