Size limitation for NcFsd drive?

Franz Sirl Franz.Sirl-kernel@lauterbach.com
Thu Aug 4 23:01:00 GMT 2016

Sorry for the delay, for some reason my users keep me busy with strange
bugs, see my answers below.

Am 2016-08-02 um 16:59 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> Hi Franz,
>
> On Aug  2 16:26, Franz Sirl wrote:
>> Nevertheless I believe the fallback to
>> NtQueryDirectoryFile(FileIdBothDirectoryInformation) does not do what you
>> want if the path is the root directory of a share. But that's not the cause
>> of this problem.
>
> Yeah, as I wrote in my reply, the NtQueryDirectoryFile branch isn't
> supposed to be hit in this scenario.  It's solely for "access denied"
> situations.

Got it.

> Are you set up to build your own Cygwin DLL so you can test the above
> patch locally?

Not really, but since I've already created a few testcases for Novell
now, I have my own little "framework" using ntdll.dll directly. I added
your code to it and it showed:

C:\NovellQueryAllInformationFile\Debug>NovellQueryAllInformationFile.exe t:\
NtQueryInformationFile(FileAllInformation) 't:\' resulted in errorcode
c7e90006, description: (no description)
Returned filename:  ''
NtQueryInformationFile(FileBasicInformation) 't:\' resulted in errorcode
NtQueryInformationFile(FileStandardInformation) 't:\' resulted in
errorcode 0, description: STATUS_WAIT_0

So your fallback will work nicely. No idea if it's worth it, because
I'll likely get an updated NCP client soon from Novell.

Franz.