git clone fails with error chmod on config.lock failed: Invalid argument

Tomas Jura tomas.jura1@gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 07:29:00 GMT 2016

>>> That's a good question.  The problem is that I can't see *why* the
>>> requests fail.  This bugs me since failing LookupAccountSid calls should
>>> result in a debug message when running strace.
>>>
>>> Do you have changed your /etc/nsswitch.conf file by any chance?
>> No I did not. All lines are commented out there.
>>
>>> Would you mind to create strace output of the command `id'?
>> See attachment
> Thanks.  It's not helpful, unfortunately.  The only hint that something
> is going wrong is the same message as with chmod:
>
>    internal_getlogin: group not found in group DB
>
> There's no other strace message even remotely related to account mapping.
> I don't grok that.  There should really be some error message :(
>
> Btw., what's the output of `id'?
>
> I'm wondering... is it possible that LDAP access to your DCs is
> restricted?
>
> Also, can you change /etc/nsswitch.conf like this:
>
>    db_enum: cache local primary
>
> (seehttps://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-mapping-nsswitch-enum)
>
> exit and restart your shell and call `getent group'?  What does it
> print?  Are the AD accounts enumerated and what info is printed for
> them?  Examples are sufficent, I don't need your entire AD DB :)
>
> Also, what does `getent passwd $USER' print?
>

> Corinna

Hi

Trying to modify the /etc/nsswitch.conf , I found that I can't write it
! The file is writable only by the user which created it and which not
exists any more (see above my story). I changed owner and access rights
for /etc/nsswitch.conf and whole /var directory tree (also /var/cache).
And it's started working!

Then I removed the modifications of the /etc/nsswitch.conf (all lines
commented)  and it works too. It seems that the problem is related to
file access rights to /var.

Tomas