git and absolute Windows-style paths

silverwind silv3rwind@gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 15:52:00 GMT 2016

Hey,

> Does it work if you do:
>
> git add c:/test/file

Nope, won't work either. No file is added, exit code 0 is given.

 > I can't immediately see what's going wrong, so I'm going to report
this upstream.

Thanks. I came upon this issue through npm which is using these Windows
paths for certain git operations. Unfortunately, The npm team is very
reluctant when it comes to merging Cygwin-specific patches, so chances
of landing a fix on their side are rather slim.

Is there a public repository for the git package used by Cygwin?

Regards,
Roman