git clone fails with error chmod on config.lock failed: Invalid argument

Tue Apr 19 08:11:00 GMT 2016

On Apr 19 09:22, Tomas Jura wrote:
> Hi
>
> I got error  chmod on config.lock failed: Invalid argument and I was able to
> catch the strace. It is attached.

What I see from the strace, chmod fails to request group information:

299755  597014 [main] chmod 5840 internal_getlogin: group not found in group DB

So it looks like either your /etc/passwd or your /etc/group file is
broken.   The new account handling is a bit more sensitive to broken
passwd and group files.  For more information on the changes in account
handling see https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-mapping

For a start, just move both files out of the way, stop your Cygwin
processes and try again.

Corinna

Red Hat