setup.ini in error? More details

Houder houder@xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 18 07:43:00 GMT 2016

On 2016-04-18 08:49, Houder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just curious ...
>
> Normally I do NOT use setup-x86_64.exe to "install" (download) a source
> code tarball ... I will go directly to the source (i.c. a mirror).
>
> This time I decided to use setup (in order to verify a hypothesis) ...
>
> As usual I execute this procedure in 2 steps:
>
>  1. Download without installing
>  2. Install from Local Directory
>
> (I do not maintain a local mirror)
>
> Step 1 presented no problem.
>
> I got a surprise when I executed step 2: when I selected the source
> code
> tarball, setup informed me ... it was going to install "debuginfo".
>
> I was not surprised to see that intention fail ...
>
> Only after I had modified setup.ini, where I removed the "source:" line
> from tar-debuginfo, setup was able to "install" the source code
> tarball.
>
> A mirror (at least the mirror I use) does not have a source-code
> tarball
> in a *-debuginfo subdirectory.
>
> (to clarify: the "source:" line is present in the "tar" entry as well
> as
>  in the "tar-debuginfo" entry of setup.ini -- I removed the one from
> the
>  the "tar-debuginfo" entry).

To verify my finding, I repeated the procedure (that is, the I f LD
part).

Using the original version of setup.ini:

  - sheet "Full" shows tar and tar-debuginfo
  - sheet "Not installed" shows tar-debuginfo

(note: no debuginfo downloaded!)

Apparently I did my clicking on the "Not installed" sheet (where I
normally
do my selection). Yes, that was a mistake of me.

Using a modified setup.ini:

  - sheet "Full" now only shows tar ...
  - sheet "Not installed" is empty

When I select the source box, the source code tarball is indeed
"installed".

using
setup; however, as I have shown above, setup is confused by the
"source:" line
in the *-debuginfo entry.

Regards,
Henri