Noto fonts missing from cygwin

David Boerschlein david.boerschlein@yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 11:36:00 GMT 2016

It seems the "noto" fonts are missing from the Cygwin LaTeX distribution.
I am using the "mirrors.kernel.org"

CTAN (https://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/noto?lang=en) says they are supposed to be in TeX Live.
Also, I am unable to install the CTAN copy because I do not understand where to look for the "appropriate texmf tree" because the "find" command is not showing a folder named "texmf".  Also, I do not understand what "update the file-name database (e.g., texhash). Update the font-map files by enabling the Map file noto.map" means because there are no command-line examples.    I would just prefer the fonts just come with the Cygwin distribution to begin with.