Keep calm

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sat Apr 2 15:05:00 GMT 2016

On 01/04/2016 20:10, Achim Gratz wrote:

>>> This is something I want to look at, once the initial problems have been
>>> sorted out.
>>
>> An .xz compressed setup.ini is now written as well.
>
> Marvellous.
>
> What's that setup.ini.bak file doing there?

This preserves the previous setup.ini, when it is updated.

This is useful for a couple of reasons: If something went disastrously
wrong, it makes rolling back to a valid setup.ini much easier.  It also
makes it simple to see what changed when setup.ini got updated.

I suppose this file could be stashed somewhere private, but I'm not sure
it's worth the effort.

> Also, given that we're unlikely to go back to upset, could the
> release/!always_ready cookie be removed as well?

I take no position on the probability of that event.  I've removed the
!always_ready files.