Issue with Autotools and Perl on Windows 10

İsmailDönmez ismail@i10z.com
Tue Sep 22 06:52:00 GMT 2015

Hi,

Gilberto Perez <gilberto.limon.perez <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I have never had this problem until I upgraded to Windows 10. When
> attempting to use 'autoreconf', I get the following messages:
>
> main::scan_file() called too early to check prototype at
> /usr/bin/aclocal-1.11 line 644.
> Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex;
> marked by <-- HERE in m/\${ <-- HERE ([^ \t=:+{}]+)}/ at
> /usr/bin/automake-1.11 line 4159.
>
> I'm not sure how important they are, but it might be the cause of some
> difficulties I've been having.

This is a problem with the new Perl. Upstream has fixes to this and one
related autoconf problem:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-autoconf/2013-01/msg00060.html
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/devel:tools:building/automake/a
utomake-perl-5.22.patch?expand=1