Bash unable to print epoch timestamp

Tue Oct 27 09:54:00 GMT 2015

On Oct 26 19:16, Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2015-10-26 11:34, Brian Inglis wrote:
> >Third time lucky - pasting inline into email and resending to all previous lists.
> >
> >Please note that conversion into too-small buffer size in regression test may not have expected result!
> >
> >Tried to build with below and variants:
> >gcc -D_REGRESSION_TEST -D_COMPILING_NEWLIB -Dsniprintf=snprintf -I/usr/src/cygwin-2.2.1-1.src/newlib-cygwin/winsup/cygwin/include -o strftime-s-test strftime.c
> >gives undef refs for __cygwin_gettzname, __cygwin_gettzoffset, __get_current_time_locale, __tz_lock, __tz_unlock,
> >_tzset_unlocked
> >
> >Build stc with std cmdline and current strftime works and does demo issue.
>
> Sorry - redo with the file existing!

No worries, I applied your other patch since it also cleaned up some
whitespaces and, for some reason, the below patch didn't apply cleanly.

There was just one problem:

> +	  {
> +	    long offset;	/* offset < 0 => W of GMT, > 0 => E of GMT:
> +	    offset = 0;	   subtract to get UTC */

This setting the offset to 0 is necessary, but commented out.  Typo?
I fixed this before committing the patch.

Thanks again,
Corinna

Red Hat