[ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.3.0-0.4

Achim Gratz Stromeko@Nexgo.DE
Mon Oct 26 16:14:00 GMT 2015

Am 26.10.2015 um 11:07 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> Erm, really?  I tested this locally with a directory with hundreds
> of files, each of which belonged to another user or group, and that
> resulted in a 25% slowdown.  Not 1000%.  Oh boy.

That test is almost as bad as it can ever get.  Given that enumerating
all AD accouts with mkpasswd takes about 2 hours and I'm doing something
very similar here, I'm not even surprised.  I was more surprised to see
the server go so fast, but my guess is that it can use jumbo frames to
talk to the AD.

>> While that hurts, the more usual case with many files from the
>> same user doesn't feel any slower at the moment.  The access through VPN
>> will be interesting, though...
>
> Did you try this in the meantime?

No, sorry.

> Given the above result, I'm wondering if we can afford using AuthZ at
> all.  OTOH I don't see any other way to get the correct POSIX permissions
> from a non-Cygwin ACL :(

If you really want fast but incorrect there's always the "noacl" mount
option.

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)