Cygwin/X installation: Unable to extract /etc/X11/fontpath.d/xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Tue Oct 6 18:10:00 GMT 2015

On 06/10/2015 17:55, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 10/6/2015 12:43 PM, Michael Enright wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 7:42 AM, kuaf  wrote:
>>>      Unable to extract
>>>      /etc/X11/fontpath.d/xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20
>>
>> Something tells me that this error message is not only giving a file
>> name, it is giving some font parameters that had been specified
>> directly or indirectly by the application. The colons divide the
>> string into parameters and the first one is a file or directory.
>
> No, it's a file name.  See my earlier replies in this thread.

It is a filename.

It has certain attributes about how the X server should use that
fontpath element encoded into the symlink filename.

But there is no need to guess about this, it's documented in the
fontpath.d section of the Xserver man page [1]

[1] http://x.cygwin.com/docs/man1/Xserver.1.html#lbAN

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer