AW: AW: AW: Tesseract 3.04 - Cygwin64 - Windows 8.1 - Can't open makebox

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 10:01:00 GMT 2015

On 06/10/2015 10:00, Schmitz, Marco wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> you got me. I simply renamed the environment variable TESSDATA_PREFIX into _TESSDATA_PREFIX for that first situation instead of deleting it. But a (on purpopse) wrong named variable is like a non set one, right?
>
> Greetings,
> Marco
>

> $ grep TESS cygcheck-with*
> cygcheck-without-windows-environment-variable-set.out:TESSDATA_PREFIX =
> 'C:\DEV\tesseract\Tesseract-OCR\'
> cygcheck-without-windows-environment-variable-set.out:_TESSDATA_PREFIX =
> 'C:\DEV\cygwin64\usr\share\tessdata'

you missed the point.
   TESSDATA_PREFIX = 'C:\DEV\tesseract\Tesseract-OCR\'
is present before your renamed _TESSDATA_PREFIX
so something else is setting it for you.

> cygcheck-with-windows-environment-variable-set.out:TESSDATA_PREFIX =
> 'C:\DEV\cygwin64\usr\share\tessdata'
>
> I suggest to look on your environment variables: user or system specific.

Regards
Marco