[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gcc-5.2.0-1 (Test x86/x86_64)

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Mon Oct 5 18:54:00 GMT 2015

On 9/30/2015 7:15 AM, JonY wrote:

> gcc-5.2.0-1 has been uploaded for 32bit and 64bit Cygwin.
>
> This is the first series of the 5.x releases, and should be considered
> as experimental as such.

Just a HEADSUP for package maintainers who might want to try this: I
installed this by clicking the Exp button in setup and choosing
everything that seemed related to gcc.  This included binutils-2.25-2.
It turns out that this test release is *not* related to the gcc-5
release, and it has bugs that caused me problems.  So stick with
binutils-2.25-1.

[JonY, I can report the binutils-2.25-2 bug separately if you want
details.  Briefly, I got errors when running 'nm -l' on some DLLs, on
x86 only.]

Ken