Re-building stock libusb package?

Erik Walthinsen omega@omegacs.net
Fri May 29 13:54:00 GMT 2015

I'm working on a product that needs libusb to work in a cygwin process,
but there's a problem.  The released version (1.0.19) doesn't support
two very fundamental features: pollfds and hotplug.  I see strong
indications that the current git version *does* have these features, so
I was really hoping to try using it to see if I can avoid the extremely
nasty (and still not working) tricks I'm having to devise.

The problem is, libusb doesn't build due to w32api headers referencing
other headers that don't exist:

   CC       os/libusb_1_0_la-windows_usb.lo
In file included from /usr/include/w32api/setupapi.h:27:0,
                  from os/windows_usb.c:28:
/usr/include/w32api/oledlg.h:28:19: fatal error: tchar.h: No such file
or directory

Even pulling the libusb source package with the cygwin installer doesn't
result in any different behavior.  I've tried various headers packages
(w32api, cygwin32-wapi, mingw-w32api) to no avail.

So, my question is: how does one simply rebuild the existing 1.0.19
package?  I'm pretty sure I can take it from there as far as getting a
git version to compile...

Thanks!