[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Tcl/Tk 8.5.18

Michael Enright mike@kmcardiff.com
Fri May 22 02:06:00 GMT 2015

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 4:12 PM, Steven Penny <svnpenn@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 1:20 PM, Michael Enright wrote:
>> I'm not sure if the server is using freetype
>
> <snip>
>     tcl-tk > libXft2 > libfreetype6 > libpng16
>
> In the future, you might do your homework rather than waste my time.

My questions were about the X server, because I figured the server
could use some of those packages at least for doing its job. X clients
can theoretically have the server do their text for them, though it
seems to be less and less the case that clients are designed that way.
I certainly need more to know how to navigate whatever data is
available to me than to have others do it for me. I once was looking
for info on Cygwin packages and eventually found what I needed and
then found that the setup GUI had the answer. I am curious about how I
came to have a dependency on TeXlive in my installation even though I
don't need TeX. Where could I look for the info?

I come in peace.