Input method in cygwin-x ?

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Thu Mar 26 15:54:00 GMT 2015

On 25/03/2015 06:44, Arthur Tu wrote:
> Is there a way to use input method in cygwin-x environment?
>
> For example, when I invoke emacs with
> """""""""""""""""
> ssh -X remote-machine
> emacs
> """"""""""""""""""
>
> I can't use either input methods in local windows machine or those in
> remote linux server.

This is something that I want to work, but I'm afraid I have no
experience using IMEs, so I'm not sure what needs doing, which is why
the section [1] in the User's Guide is currently empty.  I hope you can
help me with identifying what that needs to say!

I believe it should possible to start your IME (ibus, scim, etc.) in the
remote sessions and have that work.

Alternatively, there was some work done a while ago to provide a bridge
between the native Windows IME and the server, which I believe allowed
using the native Windows IME to input into X windows.  If that is
useful, I can probably bring that up to date.

[1] http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using-i18n.html#using-i18n-ime
[2] https://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2005-01/msg00066.html

--
Jon TURNEY