after update to cygwin 1.7.35(0.287/5/3) all file permissions in cygwin are 070

schilpfamily schilpfamily@gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 13:16:00 GMT 2015

i have been using cygwin for many years and currently most of my
systems are at 1.7.32(0.274/5/3).
i had to get an update to cygwin/X which forced me to also update
cygwin. with the update, nearly all windows files have the permission
setting of 070 (---rwx---) even when the file is owned by me, and as a
consequence most applications fail to load or cannot load dll's or
other really annoying issues.

is there some "magical" new setting to make cygwin recognize that
files owned by me are at least r/w?