mintty system integration before release

Sat Jun 27 14:50:00 GMT 2015

On Jun 27 15:27, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Hi,
> Before a mintty release, I'd like to check Windows console issues with
> mintty in Windows 10,
> see https://github.com/mintty/mintty/issues/439
> As I don't have Windows 10, maybe someone can help out testing;
> there is some kind of resource magic which I'm not familiar with (and I
> remember it's been discussed here in some context); there is a file res.mft
> in mintty with these 2 lines:
>       <supportedOS Id="{e2011457-1546-43c5-a5fe-008deee3d3f0}"/> <!-- Vista
> -->
>       <supportedOS Id="{35138b9a-5d96-4fbd-8e2d-a2440225f93a}"/> <!-- 7 -->
> and I have a vague idea that specific lines should be added to facilitate
> seamless integration with Windows 8, 8.1, and 10.
> Which lines could that be?

  $ strings /usr/lib/default-manifest.o

If that's all there is to mintty's manifest, you can remove it and
just build mintty without explicit manifest.  In that case GCC will
apply /usr/lib/default-manifest.o to the executable.

Did you see my mail to you from 2015-06-23?

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat