[ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.2.0-0.5
Wed Jul 29 20:43:00 GMT 2015
Hi Cygwin friends and users,
I released a new TEST version of Cygwin. The version number is 2.2.0-0.5.
New in this version:
- In https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2015-q3/msg00010.html
Roman Petrovski points out that RtlFillMemory and RtlCopyMemory
only work for memory regions up to 2 Gigs.
I took the opportunity to convert memset, memmove, memcpy, wmemset,
wmemmove and wmemcpy to assembler code based on NetBSD code.
Since I have no chance to do it this week, I plan to release 2.2.0-1
next Monday, if the above patch doesn't introduce new regressions.
- New APIs: getcontext, setcontext, makecontext, swapcontext.
- New functions: sigsetjmp, siglongjmp.
These were only available as macros up to now, but POSIX requires that
siglongjmp has to be available as function.
- When started from a non-Cygwin process, check if $HOME starts with a
slash (absolute POSIX path). Otherwise ignore it.
- Fix potential hang running ldd(1).
- Fix crashes under AllocationPreference=0x100000 condition
- x86_64 only: Implement memset, memmove, memcpy, wmemmove, wmemcpy in
assembler derived from NetBSD.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin