noDosFileWarning no longer required?

Wed Jul 29 08:59:00 GMT 2015

On Jul 28 18:59, Steven Penny wrote:
> It appears the infamous "MS-DOS style path detected" warning is no longer
> generated, regardless of CYGWIN variable. Is this the case, and if so why?

It is still generated, and just like before, it is generated only the
first time it shows up.  The only change here is that it's not any
longer generated by default, but only if you set CYGWIN to contain
"dosfilewarning".

> It was a long time annoyance so I would be glad to be rid of the
> warning, but I would just like to confirm that it is in fact gone, and
> intentionally gone.

It's intentionally not the default anymore due to it's annoying
"feature" to sometimes show up in circumstances not under control
of the user.

Corinna

Red Hat