Updated: xorg-server-1.17.2-1 (TEST)

Michael DePaulo mikedep333@gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 12:01:00 GMT 2015

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 12:30 PM, Jon TURNEY <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk> wrote:

> The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution:
>
> *** xorg-server-*1.17.2-1
>
> These packages contain XWin and the other X.Org X11 servers.
>
> In addition to upstream fixes [1], the following cygwin-specific changes
> have been made since 1.17.1-5:
>
> * Only apply MINIMIZE or MAXIMIZE styles from XWinrc when mapping a window
> * Ensure WM_TRANSIENT_FOR windows are always parented
> * Downgrade a warning when the experimental crashreporter isn't present to
> debug
> * When a SEGV occurs checking WGL, disable WGL and continue, rather than
> exiting
> * Report invalid options in combination with -nodecoration
> * Add support for a SKIPTASKBAR style in XWinrc
>
> These packages are currently marked as a test release because they contain
> changes to code critical to the correct functioning of multiwindow mode, so
> there is a higher than normal risk of regressions.  They will be made stable
> in approximately two weeks if no major regressions are reported.
[...]

I ran 3 tests and did not notice any regressions:

1. XDMCP into a RHEL 7.1 host with GDM and launch a gnome classic
session (this tests GLX)
2. SSH -Y into a Fedora 21 host (with XWin in MultiWindow mode) and
launch gnome-terminal
3. SSH -Y into a Fedora 21 host (with XWin in MultiWindow mode) and
launch Firefox 38

-Mike