SIGINT generated by Control-C, is not delivered in mintty

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Wed Jul 15 14:40:00 GMT 2015

On 15.07.2015 10:46, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 7/14/2015 9:44 AM, Ronald Fischer wrote:
>> Using Cygwin 64 on Windows 7:
>>
>> In a bash or zsh running inside mintty, pressing Control-C has no
>> effect.  In a bash or zsh running in a Windows Console, it works fine.
>>
>> This can be verified in two ways:
>>
>> (1) Using 'trap':
>>
>> In the shell, we do a
>>
>>    trap 'echo trapped' INT

Ronald, does it happen that you start mintty from a Cygwin console window?
In that case, it might be the same problem I had reported myself a few
months ago:
https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2015-02/msg00122.html
I have analysed this a little bit further; the problem as I see it
happens in cygwin 1.7.32 but does not happen in cygwin 1.7.10 (I could
try to narrow that down with the cygwin time machine...). In addition,
if I compile the current version of mintty in cygwin 1.7.10, the problem
does not occur which makes me quite sure it's not a mintty problem
although (as I had written) it does not seem to happen with xterm.
Thomas