[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: xinit-1.3.4-9 (major changes to multiwindow session)

Yaakov Selkowitz yselkowitz@cygwin.com
Tue Jul 7 02:35:00 GMT 2015

On Mon, 2015-07-06 at 18:25 -0600, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 5:19 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> > This release includes major changes to the default multiwindow session
> > based on feedback from users:
>
> Lots of good stuff here!
>
> I'm getting both the new xwin-xdg-menu, as well as the old 'X' in my
> Windows notification area.  How do I get rid of the latter?  I do not
> have a .startxwinrc nor a .XWinrc file.

You could create a ~/.xserverrc with the following:

exec /usr/bin/XWin -notrayicon [OTHER_ARGS] "$@"

The only caveat is that would apply to *all* X sessions, not just the
multiwindow session.  An alternative is to copy the XWin Server shortcut
and add " -- -multiwindow -notrayicon" (without the quotes) right after
startxwin in the command.

HTH,

Yaakov