opendir(/dev/fd/n) should fail

Helmut Karlowski helmut.karlowski@ish.de
Fri Jan 23 04:03:00 GMT 2015

Am 22.01.2015, 21:25 Uhr, schrieb Helmut Karlowski:

> Am 22.01.2015, 13:55 Uhr, schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
>
>> I applied a fix and uploaded a new developer snapshot to
>> https://cygwin.com/snapshots/
>>
>> Please give it a try and report back.
>
> I can't download the snapshot - tried with several browsers, all have
> near to 0 transfer-speed. I'll try again this WE.

Ok, now I got it, using wget and waiting 30 min for 800k ...

The test-script runs ok, but the original issue remains. No clue what
happens:

#! /bin/bash
(set -o globstar 2>/dev/null) && set -o globstar || shopt -s globstar
extglob
echo /dev/fd/**

 From what I observed opendir still succeeds in /dev/fd/3, and readdir
returns the name '0' as the first entry for example, and afterwards the
/dev/fd-directory is full of invalid entries (/dev/fd/79 for example).

When I have time maybe I'll try to reproduce it with a standalone-program.

Seems I also have problems writing to this list, sorry if this came twice.

-Helmut